Management Strategies And Non-classical Software Development Methodologies
This subject provides an overview of the agile development process. We will review the main differences with respect to traditional development and how agile practices can be used to overcome some important weaknesses of classical methods.
We will also cover the main agile practices and methods used nowadays in industry.
We will form agile teams to build a software product using the above practices and methods.
- Familiarity with the features and limitations of non-classical methodologies
- Familiarity with project management strategies in non-classical methodologies
- Familiarity with groundbreaking development techniques in non-classical methodologies
- Fundamentals of agile development
- Agile artifacts
- Description of agile methods
- Agile usability- Lean UX
- Agile UX project
- Alistair Cockburn: "Agile Software Development". Addison Wesley, 2002.
- L. Constantine: "Process agility and software usability: Toward lightweight usage-centered design". Constantine & Lockwood, Ltd., Tech. Rep. 110 (2001). [Online]. Available: http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/465732.html.
- Jim Highsmith: "Agile Software Development Ecosystems". Addison-Wesley, 2005
The final grade will be calculated according to student performance in the reports to be submitted and their class participation.
- Active student participation
- Content of reports
- Presentation of the reports
Students must get a minimum of 5 points in the assessment of each of the reports in order to pass the matter.
Students must get a minimum of 5 points (over 10) as final grade in order to pass the matter.
|CEM3||Application of relevant research methods to open problems in the field of software engineering related to both the particular features of software and software development management||C|
|CEM4||Analysis and evaluation of several software-based systems construction and management engineering paradigms and approaches|
|Code||Learning Outcome||Associated competences||Proficiency level|
|RA-IS-27||Identify weaknesses in project estimation and planning activities completed using non-classical methodologies||CEM3||C|
|RA-IS-28||Analyse groundbreaking research aimed at remedying the weaknesses in project estimation and planning activities carried out using non-classical methodologies||CEM3||C|
|RA-IS-29||Identify weaknesses in project analysis and design activities carried out using non-classical methodologies||CEM3||C|
|RA-IS-30||Analyse groundbreaking research aimed at remedying the weaknesses in project requirements and design activities carried out using non-classical methodologies||CEM3||C|