- Lecturer (Coordinator):
- Manuel Carro
- Julio Mariño
- Pedro Moreno
- Juan Caballero
- Marco Guarnieri
- Dario Fiore
- Ignacio Cascudo
- Srdjan Matic
- Alessandra Gorla
This course gives students a general view of Computer Security. Lectures are divided in independent blocks which provide basic cocepts in Computer Security, such as cryptography, software security, information access control, communication network security, or privacy. Each block includes a theory part to give students the basic concepts and a practical exercise to demonstrate and fix the presented concepts. The particular order and length of the topics in the blocks will depend on the schedule of the instructors.
Students taking this subject will:
- Be exposed to research literature
- Gain experience in critical reading, including identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the proposed approaches
- Develop skills for delivering effective technical presentations
- Gain a background on key past research results that laid the foundations of the area, as well as current topics of research interest.
- This course will provide students with a global vision of the field of computer security. The course will be divided in independent lecture blocks, each one addressing basic concepts of an area of software security, information access control, security in communication networks, and privacy. Each block will contain theory lectures to provide the basic foundations and a practical excercise to put the learned concepts to work.
- Introduction to security
- Network security
- Software security
- Physical security
- An undergraduate level course on computer security is desired but not required.
- Some knowledge on the basic principles of computer security is necessary.
IMDEA Software Institute (conference room, level B)
|CEM8||Application of the theoretical and mathematical foundations of heterogeneous functions and data processing and analysis and evaluation and design of related methods for application in practical domains||A|
|Code||Learning Outcome||Associated competences||Proficiency level|
|RA-APDI-12||Be familiar with examples of real applications and research trends and lines||CEM8||C|
|RA-APDI-13||Select and apply optimization methods to specific problems||CEM8||A|
|RA-APDI-15||Knowledge of techniques for proving code correctness||CEM8||C|
|RA-APDI-112||Identify computer security threats and decide the best proactive and reactive measures against them||CEM8||A|